Sunday, April 15, 2012

DIY time, re-doing the bathroom

First major project for the home is the main bathroom. Our bathroom is decorated with ducks. I have a duck shower curtain so we chose yellow for the walls. (There is a much nicer duck shower curtain on my wedding registry that I checked as something I wanted and am hoping we'll get it along with the cute little duck towels, etc) so I can finish the look.
I put painter's tape around the trim, we're keeping the trim white and began painting. I also primed the cabinets because they were wood and the stain was messed up, plus we wanted the bathroom to be brighter and more cheery. Everything is almost finished in there. We still have to put the new toilet seat on there, hang the shower curtain back up (I washed it). And then paint the cabinets a white high-gloss once the primer drys.
So here are a few before and after photos...
I lost some of the numbers in translation, but you get the drift. I'm really tired, I've been working on all of this since 3 pm Sat and it is now 3:25 am on Sun. So it's time for some much needed sleep. I'm about to take my sheets out of the dryer so I can put fresh sheets on my bed, and then I'm off to take a shower in my revamped bathroom. Then off to get some sleep...

One room down, and many more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment